The Pit Stop Line is an orange strip which appears approximately 100 hours before the tires need to be replaced. Within PS1000, the Pit Stop Line ensures the tire is only changed when worn out, avoiding to replace it too early and risk spending too much, or replace it too late and risk machine and operator safety.
- Value for money: maximum tire usage
- Uptime at the best: minimize tire change
- Effective planning: plan 100 hours in advance the tire replacement
- Enhanced safety: no risk to change the tire too late
- Reduce environmental impact: use less, consume less, dispose less
Knowing when to replace industrial tires is critical – replace them too early and you risk spending too much, replace them too late and you risk machine and operator safety.
Trelleborg Wheel Systems have developed an innovation for our premium range tires that lets operators and fleet managers know with 100% accuracy when their tires need replacing – we call this innovation “Pit Stop Line”.
Pit Stop Line is simple – as the tires wear down a highly visible orange band appears on the tire surface indicating that replacement tires should be ordered and service fitting scheduled. When this Pit Stop Line appears on a tire it will have approximately 100 hours life remaining meaning that replacement tires can be fitted at the most convenient time.